Saturday, May 15, 2010

Round One

Our friend Tom has been offering to babysit since he's been deployed here.  Well, his six months on island is almost up so we finally took him up on his offer and went out for a date.  Since the weather has had us cooped up I wanted to do something active, something fun so I took this opportunity to take Stevie to a place I've heard a lot about, but never been - Round One.  Ideally it's a place to take your kids, but the kid in me wanted a go before I carted the whole family there!


Round One is a seven story building of indoor entertainment fun!  First floor arcade/panchinko games - second and third floor bowling alley and darts, fourth floor relaxation massage chairs, fifth floor arcade/mini-bowling/darts/roller rink/mini-bikes/golf/soccer/table tennis/kickboxing/ball pit for the kids, sixth floor kids play area/kareoke rooms/mechanical bull, seventh floor outdoor games of archery/golf/tennis.  Wow!  you could get lost in there.


Stevie worn out from his round of kickboxing.


Is it Vegas or a pachinko parlor?


How on Earth does this thing work?


It was a little hard playing video games when the directions screen looked like this...

I have to say the best part was the mini-bikes!  They only pulled those out every two hours and you had to sign up for them by first signing your life away.  Unfortunately, Stevie did not qualify to ride.  I'd like to say it was because he was too short, but another qualifier stopped him... (I'm being nice :)  Turns out there were a bunch of Marines that didn't take the qualifier about weighing less than 175 pounds too seriously so they got to play! 


That's me on #1!

With my knees flapping out to the side and "Highway to the Danger Zone" blasting on the speakers, I took my position next to a bunch of teenagers at the starting line.  Then the Round One worker (sporting a fly shiny jacket) waved the checkered flag and we were off!  Ok, so I didn't exactly break any speed limits, but you try balancing on a two foot tall mini-bike and tell me it wasn't hard!  Yes, I lost the race.  A twelve year old boy took the first place honor and got to take a victory lap to "We Are the Champions".


Wheee!!!!

Can't wait to bring the kids for some more fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment