Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day '10

Merry Christmas everyone!  It was another successful Christmas for us - those kids must have been good at some point this year when Santa was watching!



All three of the kids got what they asked Santa for.  A "Belle" (from Beauty and the Beast) doll for Emmy.



London got a huge transformer.




And a Bakugan Wii game for Cannon.  He also got a Kindle!  What else do you get a kid who always has his nose stuck in a book???




My favorite present were the three kokeshi dolls that the kids bought (and wrapped!) for me.  Kokeshi dolls are Japanese wood dolls and I've begun a collection.  I love that I now have an Emmy, London and Cannon kokeshi too!





Steve got a nice framed drawing from Cannon.



Emmy got her first bike that she was quite excited to ride, except it was a cool, rainy day so we only got a short ride on it.  We'll have to watch her as we live on the top of a rather steep hill - I hope I never see her speeding off the edge!








We had a really nice dinner with one of Stevie's corpsmen joining us who was alone.  I was glad that he decided to join us and get out of the barracks.  The younger enlisted guys get a raw deal over here and are really limited in their priveledges so I was glad this guy got a home cooked meal on Christmas.

After dinner we had an assortment of neighbors over for desserts and a bonfire.  With the cool weather, it really was beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Louise!

    ReplyDelete