Friday, April 8, 2011

Date Night

Thanks to Grammie, Stevie and I were able to escape for a little date on Wednesday night.  I've been wanting to check out a new sushi restaurant I'd heard about but before going for dinner we went down to the sea wall to watch the sunset...




Then we headed to Newport Sushi for some yummmmmmmyyyyyy sushi.  Really different kinds like the Cotton Boat - little rice, lots of crab topped with shrimp



Or the Monkey Ball - crab stuffed inside a shitake mushroom then tempura deep fried


Or the San-O roll - seared salmon, jalepeno and green onions over a California roll


Is your mouth watering yet???  Stevie's was - he gave it the double peace sign



Cute little chopstick rest...


2 comments:

  1. That sushi has me drooling! I will be your babysitter for date nights next year (hopefully!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is your mouth watering yet" ... seriously? You have to ask? OMGosh, Louise ... this looks absolutely amazing.
    BTW ... Lalon and I went to a sushi restaurant for date night. It doesn't even compare to the mouth water, scrumptious, eye-rolling, comfort food (aka sushi) of Japan!
    I hope you were able to keep the cute, little crane! :)
    -ak

    ReplyDelete