Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding

My British blood was running thick in me last night as I hosted a neighborhood Royal Wedding Party.  This was a side party to the main party going on up the hill to welcome home our recently returned deployed neighbors (Shane, Dima, John and Don) and to say goodbye to soon to be leaving neighbors (Liz and Don).  I didn't realize when we scheduled the Hail and Farewell that it was the same time as the Royal Wedding so we just doubled up!

Liz was just as into the Wedding as I was and offered to make a "wedding cake" (with Cannon's help) to complement the scones, strawberries and champagne I provided.


Liz and Cannon's beautiful wedding cake.

We also decided it would be fun to play "dress up" which I thought meant just wearing a hat, but when Liz came over in full makeup and dress, Alicia and I went flying to our closets at the first commercial break to dress in our finery (Kelly had already changed).


Liz, Kelly, Alicia and me

Two fancy ladies

The best comment of the viewing though was by Emmy who asked as the bride was walking down the aisle, "Can we watch cartoons after this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment