Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yogurtland

Sunday during our walk around American Village, we visited the much talked about "Yogurtland".  I thought it would be a perfect place to take Grammie, our ice cream/yogurt loving family member.  The concept is that you get a cup, choose your type(s) of yogurt, add some toppings and then pay an exorbitant amount for the now heavy (they weight it!) cup of cool delight. 





Grammie did inform me that there were Yogurtlands in the States too, but I think this one might have had the Japanese twist (pun intended).  Our Yogurtlands have flavors like lychee tart, taro and matcha tea.



And toppings like azuki beans, nato de coco and mochi (gummy rice).  Of course they had some "normal" toppings too like gummies and candy and fruit.



All in all Cannon, Emmy, Grammie and I loved our yogurts.  London, well he's my non-ice cream loving family member, so he enjoyed a bowl full of gummy bears!



Emmy, getting every last drop.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, Yogurtland in California have the same flavors/toppings. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and there are a ton of franchises, originally I thought they were targeting areas with high Asian populations but now I see them popping up in other places. I did see the one in Osaka but didn't have time to stop, but it's good to know it's exactly the same thing as the US! It's 30 cents an oz I think in the US, I imagine Japan is more expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where exactly is this? I need to go immediately! :)

    ReplyDelete