Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Aftermath

Typhoon Songda hit us last night with a pretty good punch.  Wind gusts were up to 125 mph, and although there was very little rain, the wind did a lot of damage - especially to the plants.  Which is unfortunate since I had (note the past tense) a lot of plants...  Who knew that wind could kill a plant instantly?  They look like they've been hit by frost!

This was my vegetable garden - just got my first cucumber on...

This tree used to be between Kelly and my house - now it's tipped over into our yard.

This is what wind does to banana leaves and trees.

The neighbor lost a few palm trees.

This was my front garden - the lantana is dead. :(

Can you guess from which side the wind was blowing?  What am I going to do with half dead bushes?

Of course, the plant damage was insignificant compared to Kelly and Mike's loss - their two sheds blew away in the middle of the storm!  And that was with them being tied down, sand bagged and full of stuff!  I knew it wasn't going to be pretty this morning when I looked out our back door at 10:00 last night and saw a suitcase, chair and garbage can!  It kind of looks like a tornado damage.  The neighbor's outside table blew apart and the big piece of glass that goes on top is missing!  Gone with the wind (pun intended!)





No comments:

Post a Comment