Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Aftermath

So after I got the yard cleaned up a bit, I took the kids out into town to check out the damage there.  Looks like the hardest hit parts were other parts of our base (although I didn't check out other bases).  Big limbs and trees knocked over.


Can you tell which side the wind was blowing from?



Out in town I was amazed at how little structural damage was done.  I mean,we're talking some serious winds here, and there weren't even signs blown down never mind building damage!  The only thing I could see were that the street lights were blown sideways, which makes for tricky driving when you can't see if you're on red or green!


Can't even tell there were 125 mph winds out in town!

Except for the traffic lights - kind of twisted!

We went down to the marina and found one boat who will have a very sad owner...




Yes, that's the real color of the water!



Finally, we went down to the sea wall where we found all the surfers on the island rejoicing in the churning seas.  Usually Okinawa doesn't have really big waves so I think everyone was taking advantage of the day.  It was fun watching all the bobbing dots in the surf trying to catch a big one.  London was particularly fascinated and applauded every time someone rode a wave in!



See all the black dots?  Those are surfers!

No comments:

Post a Comment