Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stages

You might have noticed that there has been a short hiatus from my blog posts, like over two weeks of silence.  And if you've been following this blog for any length of time, then you'll know that the silence is kind of unusual for me.  It's not that nothing has been going on in our lives - plenty has taken place.  No, I think my silence stems from a kind of grief I'm feeling over our life left in Okinawa and a struggle as we re-acclimate to the US. Yes, moving from Okinawa hasn't been easy, at least for me, and though they shall remain unnamed, I think other members of the Coats clan have also found it a wee bit difficult.

Don't get me wrong, we're glad to be back in the States, and we're especially glad to be back with family, and we'll be ecstatic when we actually get in our own home, but it's just that there is a multi-faceted loss that we're experiencing that I wasn't altogether prepared for.  Never fear, however, I am working through it and will soon be posting our adventures again.

In the meantime, I'm thinking I might need to conclude this blog (coatsjapanjournal) and start a new one as we move to the next chapter of our lives.  What do you think?  Any suggestions for names?  I was thinking "allweathercoats" - (get it?)  Let me know your thoughts, please!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise!
    I wish I were there so we could chat about this. I felt the same things you're feeling, and it has never gone away --- lessened a bit, yes, but you'll always have special feeling for Okinawa.
    I know you guys will have lots of fun in Washington and discover new adventures. I can't wait to read about them. Been thinking of you lots lately and hope to catch up some time.

    A new blog? Hmmm ... not sure on a name but I do like the one you suggested! It would fit your family to a "T"!

    Publish more posts soon! :)
    Angie K

    ReplyDelete