Friday, January 28, 2011

Montgomery Gentry

You know how you see those news stories about how so and so visited the troops for a goodwill concert - to boost the morale?  Well, I guess our current home qualifies as a place that needed a little morale boosting because on Friday night we were treated to a free concert from country duo Montgomery Gentry.

I love country music, and although Montgomery Gentry is not one of my favorite bands, I was still more than willing to go see their show.  Our plans were to take the kids for their first concert, but as the week wore on, the weather turned worse and worse.  We modified the plan to just Stevie and I going as our neighbor, Liz, offered to watch the kids.  But by Friday afternoon it was pouring rain (all day), breezy and chilly.  Steve decided he didn't want to be a "wet rat" so begged off, offering to watch Lydia instead if Liz and I wanted to go.  And after a week of having the kids stuck inside, we were just spirited enough to try it! 

My fears of lines of traffic getting on base, lines to park, and being stuck outside the packed hangar in the rain were completely unfounded.  Liz and I ended up having a great time and Montgomery Gentry put on a great show!

Walking up to the show - looking to the left F-15's


Looking strait ahead - concert in a hangar!  And yes, that's the rain pelting down.


My lovely attire to keep me dry!


Where else do you attend a concert in your cammies?


That's one BIG box of ear plugs.  Only in the military would they pass out ear plugs at a concert!


See the stage to the right and the tail of an F-15 to the left - how cool!


Montgomery..


Liz and I - two wild and crazy gals!


No comments:

Post a Comment