Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The boxes are here!

I spent an eventful day unpacking boxes so we're no longer living on borrowed items!  The delivery truck pulled up at 8:10 and they were completely unloaded and pulling away by 8:50.  This is not because they were hyper efficient, only because there were so few boxes.  I think I have bought more at Walmart in a single shopping trip than we were able to bring with us in this shipment!  Still, it's nice to have pans and sheets and real pillows, and for that I am thankful.  The kids are only thankful for the Legos and have not stopped building them since yesterday.

It was fortuitous that on Monday when I toured Emmy's new pre-school that they were having vacation bible school this week.  The director invited the kids to join at which the kids eagerly agreed (except London, who said he would come back tomorrow!)  I sent all three of them on Tuesday which gave me 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted unpacking time.  Enough to get the upstairs all unpacked and put away.  Those Legos bought me another 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted unpacking in the afternoon so all was in tip top order by the time Steve got home.  Lucky him!

Hannah requested some pictures of our new house - so here you are Hannah.  Remember, we still haven't received our second shipment with our furniture or painted so it looks a little bare.  Consider these the "before" pictures.  And the outside, well, I will be pushing my green thumb to the limit trying to get it looking better than the concrete barracks that it truly is.  The other picture is of the view from the front porch - note the now infamous ferris wheel.











No comments:

Post a Comment