Saturday, September 18, 2010

Girl Time at Cocok's

Today my friends Liz and Sarah took me out for a little "girl time" in an early celebration of my birthday. 



We went get our tootsies worked on at the infamous (at least on Okinawa) Cocok's Nail Salon.  On Okinawa, it's a big deal to get your toes painted up with the fanciest nail art you've ever seen.  How these women sit there all day and give pedicures and then paint the most minute details on a canvas the size of a little toe nail is beyond me.  But the designs are amazing!

To give you an idea of the color choices, this is there "color wheel" for the nail polishes, and the rack next to it is all the paint colors for the designs.


Which silver???

The concentration, not to mention a steady hand...

Finished product.  Kind of hard to tell, but I had black hearts and vines on silver, Liz had tiger/leopard print and Sarah had butterflies.


A close up of my toes!

After, we went to a coffee house for a little treat before returning to the families...


Sarah's matcha latte looking more like a bowl of fresh pea soup!

I borrowed these photos from Liz since I didn't have my camera with me.  Thanks Liz!!!

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY!!
    I'm so glad they kidnapped you, tied you up and took you out! Bet you went kickin' and screamin' the whole way! LOL! You certainly deserved a girls day out, Louise. Everyone's toes look so purty ... I miss Cocok's ... Becca and I started doing our own little Cocok's (though it's nowhere near the same).
    Happy EARLY Birthday :)
    -angie

    ReplyDelete