Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tacoma - Day 1

Feeling much better after a good night's rest (well, a little interruption from Obi, but I'm used to that).  Kelly drove me down to Everett today to pick up my rental car.  Kelly lives very close to fields and fields of flower bulb farms -mainly tulips (which will soon be blooming) and daffodils (which are now blooming).  Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and I haven't seen one in three years so it was so exciting to see a whole field full!  Kelly also stopped by a roadside stand so I could buy a bunch for my hotel room.  (I know, call me crazy!)





We also saw this bald eagle perched in a tree - apparently they're all around here.


I took care of some business today, meeting with the mortgage broker and the Realtor to game plan before treating myself to an unsupervised, kidless trip to TARGET!  I know, most of you think, so what, I do that all the time.  But this has been one of the places I've missed the most.



I paced myself and only stayed an hour (lots more time here, and little suitcase space) before checking into my hotel - a beautiful little place right over the water in Tacoma.


Going across the Narrows bridge - you can see Mt. Rainier in the distance if you look closely.

View from my hotel window.
I found an awesome grocery store (another thing I've dearly missed) to buy some dinner and now I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow we start the big search for a home! And Liz flies in and Kelly comes down for a reunion, uh, I mean so that they can help me.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it safely (and the kitties too!). The pictures are gorgeous! Good luck to you on house hunting. You'll be in good hands and having lots of fun in the meantime.
    -Angie
    PS ... I was hoping you'd blog about this :)

    ReplyDelete