Saturday, September 3, 2011

End of Summer

Sadly, this week marked another milestone - the end of summer break.  And yes, even as a mother, I was sad to see the start of school.  What can I say?  I'm either a glutton for punishment or I like hangin' with my kids.  They really are fun ones to hang out with and I do like the slow starts to the mornings versus the rush to get out and be some place "on time" every day.

But, alas, August 29th marked the start of school for the boys - Emmy starts next week.

London headed off to school as a big second grader this year.  He got a great teacher (Mrs. Martin) and lucked out by being in the same class as his good friend from last year (Carter).  Of course London makes friends where ever he goes so that wasn't going to be a problem.  He's excited about the year and I know he's going to do great!






And Cannon headed off to middle school as a big seventh grader.  In case you missed the update, Cannon officially skipped a grade this year and went right from fifth to seventh grade.  We had already decided to try to put him back in school (versus home school) this year and when I met with the counselor to explore his schedule options, she suggested skipping him up a year.  This wasn't a willy-nilly decision on either our part or the school's.  Cannon had to meet with the principal and go before a committee of 3 teachers and 2 counselors to be approved.  Of course, he received a unanimous approval and was even recommended for Algebra and Spanish, both high school credit courses.  I think he'll have a challenge this year (we hope!)

Heading out the door - is that a nervous look?

Going to school - Obi and Cannon!

Cannon walks to school this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment