Sunday, November 20, 2011

Crashing waves

Sunday was a beautiful day, but WINDY.  When Dad said he wanted to take some pictures of the waves, I knew just the place.  The lighthouse at Zampa is a beautiful place to observe the waves and the awesome colors of the ocean, but when it's windy and the waves are kicked up - it's simply astounding! 

I'm not sure you can tell the scale of the waves from these photos, but Dad thought they were 30-50 foot waves!  And my favorite was when the waves broke, the water was so clear that you could see strait through the wave.  And don't you just love the ice blue color?



I was ooohing and ahhhing like when I watch fireworks!



Bracing against the wind



Those are some angry waters.



Isn't there some song about "running against the wind"?
After the lighthouse, we stopped over at the salt factory and caught a magnificent sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment